Boston Funeral Home was founded in 1888 by Harry Downs Boston (H.D. Boston) in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. Harry Boston bought an existing furniture business, added on undertaking services(funeral service); and Boston Furniture & Undertaking Co. was created. The business was originally located in the downtown business district at 430 Main St. The services of Boston Funeral Home were initially based out of the furniture store and conducted in the family's home or church. In 1924 a house at 415 Normal Ave. (on the back side of the furniture store) was bought, connected to the furniture business, and converted into a funeral home.
This was the beginning of the Boston Funeral Home and a family legacy of funeral directors.
Willis Boston, H. D.'s son, worked with his father for a number of years but later started a fox farm called the Silver Fox Ranch.
Willis's son, James (Jim), began working with his grandfather in the furniture and funeral business. After Jim's service in the U.S. military during WWII, he moved back to Stevens Point. Jim took over the businesses to continue on with the family legacy after Harry's death.
Jim's son, William (Bill), also worked with his father in the furniture and funeral business. In 1973 the furniture business and store was sold, allowing Jim and William to focus on the undertaking and funeral service. In 1974, a new funeral home was built at 1649 Briggs Street. This is the current location of Boston Funeral Home. The building has since been renovated and modernized. After the death of Jim Boston, the ownership of the business was passed on to William. William is continuing on with the family funeral legacy and is currently working with his son Nathan.
Boston Funeral Home
Phone: (715) 344-4223
1649 Briggs St., Stevens Point, WI 54481
© Boston Funeral Home
Crafted with care by Frazer Consultants
Your browser may not work with certain site. Upgrade now.